I meant to do this last week, but because of various health issues (both mine and my cats), I ended up pushing it off for a week. So here we go.
- Write more consistently every day – I am going to aim for 500 words a day with fewer non-writing days.
- Not even close. According to my Word Count Spread Sheet O’ Doom, I averaged 102 words a day. Because of illness, I’ve missed more writing days to date this year than last.
- Read more books – I’m setting a goal of 40 for 2017.
- As of the end of June, I’ve read 21 books so far.
- Submit the final draft of Chaos Wolf
- Changed my mind and started the self-publish process. Chaos Wolf is out for a developmental edit and I’m filling out the paperwork for a cover. More on that in a future post.
- Write more short stories
- I rewrote one short story, and I think it’s going to be rewritten completely again based on feedback I’ve received. I’ve got ideas for more short stories, and I’ll wedge them in between the novels I’m working on
- Rewrite the first draft of the second Jordan Abbey novel Chaos Hunt.
- Haven’t started it yet. Once the developmental edit for Chaos Wolf is done, I’ll get back to work on this one.
- Transform the fanfic story into an original story
- This is going to need an extensive rewrite to fit it into a something I’m interested in participating in. More details in another post.
- Finish the draft of Lucy Harker, Vampire Hunter
- Not quite there yet. I had to stop and do research, but I’m diving back in.
- Tweet and Facebook more
- Working on it, but with the day job, I feel like the conversation is long over by the time I see it. I did hook up my Twitter to post to my Facebook at least.
- Find a writing group either online or in realspace to join.
- Done a little research. The problem is that the ones I’m interested in are during times I can’t attend, and I don’t have an interest in founding one myself.
In summary, I’m on target for some things, and others I still need to work on. We’ll see where I am at the end of the year.