Now that the madness of Halloween is over, I embrace the madness of November.
I’m making my annual attempt to complete NaNoWriMo. I’ve talked in the past how November is a bit of a tricky month for me to deal with. In addition to Thanksgiving, there’s my birthday and the anniversary of my father’s death, all within one week. Also, Alterna-TEAS, the anthology I am, in will be dropping on November 25. It’s going to be a busy month.
I’ve got the first half of my novel Lucy Harker, Vampire Hunter, outlined. I know what I want the ending to be, but how the second half gets me there is murky at this point. What I do have plotted out is enough to get me to the 50,000 word point, and the ending will present itself eventually.
What happens to my other projects on I’m working on?
- Publishing Soon
- Reading the Leaves – Available in Alterna-Teas anthology on November 25th, 2016.
- On Hold
- Chaos Wolf – Urban fantasy novel. Decided that this needs another pass to fix some problems before deciding to query again or self-publish
- Chaos Hunt – Urban fantasy novel. Need to nail down the issues in Chaos Wolf before I can start this one.
- Hummingbird – Short story. Needs to be rewritten entirely.
- Secret Project – Paranormal romance novella. I couldn’t get it completed by the deadline for it. I may look at completing and publishing it at a later date, or absorbing it into a different book.
I’ll be squeezing in blog posts during the month of course. But for now, I’m applying fingers to keyboard and writing.