Here are my writing related goals for 2016
- Write more consistently every day
- I am going to aim for 500 words a day with fewer non-writing days.
- Read more books
- I write better when I read more, so I want to aim for 30 books this year. You can follow my progress at Goodreads.
- Submit the final draft of Chaos Wolf
- I’m waiting for some feedback, reading up on how to write a query letter, and making the list of agents and publishers I want to submit to.
- Submit more short stories
- Note I didn’t say ‘sell a story.’ A story being bought is out of my hands. All I can do is keep putting them in front of people to see if they will buy them
- Write more short stories
- Rewrite the first draft of the second novel, Chaos Wolf’s sequel Chaos Hunt.
- Got half way through it for NaNoWriMo and figured out what the major plot problem was. I’ve put it aside and will pick it up again after I send out Chaos Wolf’s queries.
- Transform the fanfic story into an original story
- Submit fanfic rewrite
- Tweet and Facebook more
- Find a writing group either online or in realspace to join.
- Haven’t done this. I’ve been more focused on trying to write than finding a group to write with.
Doable? I hope so. There are some holdovers from the prior year, and I expect that things will change as the year proceeds. It will be interesting to see what happens and what I’m able to accomplish.