This week I haven’t gotten much done, and yet I’ve accomplished a lot.
My word count for this week is in the toilet. I know I won’t be reading my minimum average word count of 500 words per day this month. Part of that is due to me being physically burnt out after Worldcon and the day job requiring a lot more of my mental bandwidth this week. Add on Mom’s annual appointment (went well) and my dental appointment (not so well), and my brain isn’t up to intricate word-smithing. This blog post may be the most I have written for the entire week.
That is not to say that I was not productive, even if I do not have anything to show for it. I have submitted two short stories to two different markets. I began outlining Chaos Hunt, the sequel to Chaos Wolf. I also wrote up the synopses for the rest of the series, so I have a better idea of where I’m going with the stories. I also spent the afternoon with Denise Tanaka going over the latest draft of Chaos Wolf, getting feedback about the changes I have made to the plot. According to her, I’m in a good position and ready to begin cleaning up language, spelling, and grammar issues. Me, I’m not so sure.
Next week I plan to start the polish draft for Chaos Wolf and prepare for Con-Volution’s Masquerade. I need to do a quick edit on a post I am writing for I also need to start my research and write some posts for my annual Bump In The Night posts. I see another week of poor word count but many things accomplished.