These are my writing goals and resolutions for 2015 –
- Write more consistently every day
- Current goal is to be hitting 500 words a day consistently. We’ll see. Note: So far I’ve kept it. We’ll see if it sticks.
- Read more books for pleasure
- My ‘to read’ pile was taller than I was before I started writing. It’s only grrown. My goal is to read at least a book a month for pleasure.
- Finish a final draft of the first novel
- I need to lock down the story elements. Most have been done, but several scenes need to be rewritten from different perspectives.
- Submit the final draft of the first novel
- At this point, I have decided I will submit my novel a few places before I self-publish
- Rewrite the first draft of the second novel
- First draft was written during NaNoWriMo 2013 and is mostly unusable. The draft needs to be scrapped and restarted.
- Rewrite fanfic short story
- First draft is still too close to the fandom it was drawn from. It needs a major overhaul.
- Submit fanfic rewrite
- I’m going to try submitting this one a few places also.
- Gear up my social media presences
- I’m getting better about Tweeting. I need to become more active on Facebook. I’ll look into if it’s worth posting to Google+ and setting up an Ello account.
- Find a writing group either online or in realspace to join.
- I’ve got a core group of beta readers I can turn to, but it’s not quite the same as hearing a realtime critique.
Ambitious? Maybe, but I want to aim high. I’l be very happy if I’m able to make half of these.